LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Facebook “Boost Listing”

• Creator
    Topic
    John Pitkin
    Participant

Anyone here have experience with paying for a boost of their property listing on Facebook Marketplace? I only see options for controlling the duration and budget. No control over selecting target demographics. What am I missing?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

John. I did that recently. The response was overwhelming. I have since learned one should have a system to handle all the DM!

Brian L
    Participant
    Pro

Are you boosting a post from your personal account or is it a post on a business page?

It has been my experience that a personal post is just boosted generically, no demographics are allowed. FB just picks the people it thinks will interact the most with it and shows it to that population.

A boosted page ad on the other hand, you can control SOME of the demographics on. Disclamier, I have sold other stuff on FB which I ran ads on, but have just recently posted my first Land ad on FB. I had to list it under the “special ad category” because it is considered (at least by FB) as housing. This limits what you can specify. I was able to send it to a specific area (the surrounding large cities where the parcel is physically located).

Kyle Bryant
    Participant

Facebook recently changed their rules and options regarding land/real estate listings. I used to be able to do some serious targeting for my paid ads from my business page. That worked great. Since they’ve changed things up, I haven’t had as much luck, but I probably need to adjust my tactics to fit the new rules.

Joey Chavez
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaff

My best leads have come from running Facebook Ads from the Facebook Business Manager. Not only can you target by a specific area, but you can target by interest. And you can get more analytics to make better marketing decisions. Here are my results from running an ad for 1 day.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Joey – nice stats. Did you get any buyers?

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.