LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Excel question

• Creator
    Topic
    Blake Jones
    Participant

In my pricing column I have it set to only allow 2 digits after the decimal point. I use a price per acre formula so it autofills. One little problem I have is that if it comes out to only having one digit it looks a little weird. Here’s an example: $8,121.3 instead of the more appropriate looking $8,121.30. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Blake

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

There are probably other ways to do this, but this formula works: =TEXT(G2, “##,###.##”). You want to create a new column right next to your offer price, then enter the above formula (where “G2” corresponds to the offer cell) all the way down. It should then spit out a text value equal to what goes in between the quotation marks. I’ve had to do that sometimes when it spits out wonky values on my mail merge.

Brian Wied
    Participant
    Pro

You should be able to highlight the column(s) you want to show USD, and format to “accounting”. There’s several ways to do it, one way: right click in a cell or cells, choose “number” then “accounting”. There’s a box where you can dial in how many decimal places as well.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.