You are here:--Excel Macros for Automation. Do you having any to share?
Excel Macros for Automation. Do you having any to share?2018-10-17T08:45:51+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Excel Macros for Automation. Do you having any to share?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys I am in the process of automating a lot of what I do and one area that is a sore spot for me is excel/google sheets. Do you guys have any macros you could share for sub division pricing/scrubbing?

John P
    Participant

This is also a sore spot for me. I would love to talk to anyone who has ideas about how a “pricing assistant” could be implemented within Excel.

bwaldon4
    Participant

So far I have it setup so when I get a list from AP247 I have it instantly formatted. Saves a good 30-60 minutes. My next project is to take subdivision comp data and automatically format and price.

I’m finding that VA’s are not necessarily the best option when you can replace them with technology.

Travis Keller
    Participant

Bwaldon I’ve got a long script I put together that automates a lot of the scrubbing of RQP data but it doesn’t do pricing. Not really sure how youd implement that. Depends on your rules/algorithm. The technical shouldn’t be too hard but the idea for how to go about it, that’s a different story.

Can you give an example of the type of rules you would want to implement? A lot of that could probably be handled with formulas or conditional formatting rather than a macro or script.

Referring to Google sheets btw.

bwaldon4
    Participant

Hey Travis!

I got the visual formatting automated but hired a VBA programmer to take care of the rest. I basically get a list of sold comps, click a button, and have subdivision pricing with built in % offer recommendations based on the data. Saves me hours of work and does better job than me trying myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.