LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Domain names, names…

• Creator
    Topic

Humberto Figueroa
    Participant

Hi guys, I am looking for domain names to purchase. I have been looking in regular and also expired domains. So far I have not found much but I did buy one Land12.com. Why? Because it is short and available. I know that numbers are not ideal but was not finding anything else.

I am still looking for other names while I finish the last chapters of the course but, what do you guy think of this domain? Good? Bad? Ugly?

In advance, thank you for your feedback.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

While my site isn’t built yet, I do have the domain name. I’m doing things a little differently from what’s taught in the program in the sense that I’m mailing people as though I’m just a guy looking to purchase property in their county, not a company. Dunno if it makes a diff or not, but I’m not an LLC yet so it’s the truth.

Anyway, I picked my domain based on what I want to build this biz to be in regards to sellers. I want them to feel like they found the land that they’ve been searching a long time for. I’ll build the site and maybe add a sellers form once I’ve done some deals and have some inventory to put up.

I can’t see how having a website is beneficial right out of the gate. As an outsider, Land12.com doesn’t tell me anything. Are you going to build one site for buying and another for selling, or one site for both? What I did was figure out what kind of service I want to offering the buyer/seller and tailor the name to that. Just my not-entirely-sober 2 cents.

And don’t search for names on Godaddy, supposedly they were marking up recently-searched names. I’ve used namecheap.com and I’m happy w/them.

Humberto Figueroa
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Marcus and thank you for your feedback. I am doing something similar and that is why I will stick to a local number and not a 1-800 number. To appear small. Even though I am small now, one day I will not be.

I will have both buyers and sellers sites eventually. I am still looking for other domain names but I liked that one so I got it. It does not mean I will use it but I like that it has the main keyword, it is short and easy to remember. But you are right the 12 means nothing to most people.

I am using Namecheap to look up regular names and Expireddomains.net for expired ones. I am still looking for more domain names but I was curious what others thought. Thanks again for your reply.

Humberto Figueroa
    Participant
    Pro

Besides “Land12.com” I got “Cheapland.website” (only because it was free) and “Discountedlands.com”

The first is very short. The third has better keywords. Any preferences? Suggestions?

Humberto Figueroa
    Participant
    Pro

Well, I used to sell domain names in the past so when it got time to search for a domain name for my Land website I got excited and distracted. I now have 12 domain names related to Land. No question here, just a comment haha.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.