LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** DOM Question and Active Listings Discrepecies

• Creator
    Topic
    Jessica Freesia
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking at a new county where the DOM are ok-ish (averages out to 103), and there are NO low acre property listings on the Land sites. The smallest for sale is 30 acres. But on Zillow there are many listings in the low acres (17 listings from 2.1 acres to 11.5 acres) almost all with long DOM in the hundreds plus.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Laurie Phillips
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Jessica,

It’s free to list on Zillow as opposed to Realtor.com, Redfin, Landwatch, etc, so Zillow has listings by investors and individuals that are not on the MLS.

I would move on and look at a different county.

Best,
    Laurie

Jessica Freesia
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks, Laurie. I actually didn’t know this had posted, must have pressed enter by mistake, as it is only half a question. Sorry!

Related to this, though…

I am sitting here debating (with myself) the merits of the DOM metric and the number or percentage of active listings to total properties metric. In a nearby new county I can get all kinds of positive data about selling land EXCEPT DOM for houses. Would you mail to a county where everything looks good except no DOM info? In another county, everything looks great INCLUDING DOM, but the data is 3 years old! I’d sure love to have ALL the info, but don’t want to pass us an otherwise great county that probably has no competition because of missing one piece of information. Any thoughts on this?

PS, I heard your interview and it was great! Thank you for sharing, and continued success.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.