LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Doc Fee & Affidavit of Property Value

• Creator
    Topic

Neil H
    Participant

Hello — I have my first eBay land auction running and it includes a $275 doc fee. The land is located in Arizona and will require an affidavit of value when I record the deed with the county. Do I include the doc fee as part of the final sale price? I assume not, but just want to see how others handle doc fees in these situations.

And if anyone is interested, here’s the eBay listing (ends 5/26):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-Acres-Vacant-Land-Holbrook-Arizona-Navajo-County-APN-105-58-061/382921923144

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Chris Kinny
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Neil,

How did your eBay sale go? Did it sell?

I’m trying to put up a $1 + doc fee listing on eBay now, but I’m not sure I’m doing it right. I can set the opening bid at $1, but there’s nowhere to enter my doc fee. So how does it work? Do you add on the doc fee after the auction has closed? I’m afraid I might get to the end of my auction, have a winning bid of, say, $1, and have no way to add my doc fee. Any help would be appreciated.

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

Sorry for the delay. The doc fee will need to be mentioned in the body of the item description (ideally, two or three times). You cannot add it to the final price automatically in eBay (to the best of my knowledge). Anyone considering bidding on your land simply needs to understand that they will be charged the winning bid plus the doc fee. When it comes time to bill them, you give them the total due (bid + doc fee). Does that make sense?

To answer your question, the sale went fairly well. The bid was a little higher than what I was expecting. The bidder was new to land, but paid promptly.

Chris Kinny
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for the feedback Neil. Glad your sale went well!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.