LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Do you segment your buyers list?

• Creator
    Topic

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    Assuming that your land business is a few states or nation wide, do you segment your buyers list? Giving the buyer the choice to only receive emails about properties in states they choose, i.e. Texas only. I know this list segmentation is possible in almost any commercial email service, and I’m wondering if it is commonly used in this business. And I would make the default to be all, but then they would have an option to change their subscription options.

Second question, I’ve signed up to receive email updates from several other land investors to learn what they are sending out to their buyers list as a learning/education exercise. I found one that sent our an email over the holidays that simply CC’ed their almost 300 contacts in their buyers list. Would you ever consider adding these people to your buyers list? I’m leaning toward NOT adding them (to get my list started), but wanted to get the groups feedback.

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Hi Darald,

Great questions and glad you are working on building up your buyers list. We do not segment out buyers since buying criteria can change – especially when staring at a smoking deal. And I would add in other land investors to your list as well. Hey – can you really have too many?

Hope that helps! Jill

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for the feedback @jilldewit

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.