LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Do you scrub out Churches in your Data?

• Creator
    Topic

Ben Dao
    Participant

Do you mail to churches? I get a lot of them in my data and am not sure. Are there any real risk to mailing to them? It seems like they are tax-exempt.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Matt Rogers
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Mail to them. I usually just scrub govt/city/county owned property. I’m days away from closing a deal with a church who had an infill lot left to them in a will by a deceased parishioner in 1983. Church board changes over so much, nobody paid any attention that they had this property until they got my offer.

It’s taking over 2 months to close this since the church paperwork is a nightmare, but thankfully that’s the title company’s job. Just got word yesterday that everything is properly signed & good to go. Already have a buyer in place. $12k profit. Mail to everyone, you never know…

Christian
    Participant
    Pro

Second what Matt said, definitely mail them. They get donated real estate and have no real use for it. I recently got a great deal from a church, they were happy to get rid of it.

The only people/entities that I exclude are government organizations. Anything else I will mail.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Good advice here. Churches sometimes have great deals. Don’t remove them from your list! Also keep banks and title companies – I have purchased property from both. And none of these organizations have ever sent me any hate. (Small bonus).

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

I’ve also purchased from other “non-profit organizations” who often receive donated or willed properties all the time and get stuck paying the taxes. They are also much more willing and patient to do a Purchase Option Agreement.

Ben Dao
    Participant
    Pro

I think the choice is clear. Just mail to churches. There are quite a few in my data. I will leave them in. This is my first mailer I am doing myself. Thanks everyone! So let’s hope I learn something along with a few deals :\

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.