LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Do I need a Virtual Mailbox??

• Creator
    Topic

Tim
    Participant

Hello,
    I am located outside the USA. Should I setup a virtual mailbox in the USA for sellers to mail the signed acceptance letter of my offer? Or do you think they will mail to my location in Canada? I want to remove all barriers that could prevent customers from accepting my offer. However, I’m not sure if using a Virtual Mailbox presents any other issues down the road for this type of business.

I would appreciate if you should provide any direction.

Thanks
    Tim

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Harris
    Participant

Tim, my wife and I travel a lot and we’ve used a mail service the whole time we’ve been doing the land business. I almost would want to continue using it once we settle down since it is so convenient. They scan my mail when it comes in and if I want them to, they will open it and scan the contents, I’ve received several signed offers this way.

I’d be interested in hearing any other input people have on this issue, whether there could be any potential problems because of a virtual mail box.

Tim
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the quick reply. I would appreciate it if you could share which service you are using today as I am shopping for a service provider.

Any ballpark estimates on what % respond via mail, vs fax #?

Thanks again
    Tim

Stephen Pilon
    Participant

I am based out of Ottawa, Canada Tim. The short answer to your question is – yes. Having to deal with two postal systems, banking systems, etc. was the bane of my existence. In setting up systems and automating a good 85% of the business (so I could work from anywhere, like, oh, say Canada), one of the things I did was get a virtual mailbox. I have tried a couple but ultimately settled on mailboxforwarding.com. That should help you out.

Luke Harris
    Participant

Tim, I don’t have a fax #, responses are split half and half between snail mail and e-mail for me. I use escapees.com for my mail service.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

What happens when you get into escrow deals. It never fails some of these title escrow people just like to ship piles of paper around and charge 50-100$ overnight fees.

Another wonder of mine is doing all the recordings. I screw up. The counties send me oops letters along with originals and other stuff to fill out. How do you get that sorted out from anywhere? You almost need a local office to shovel the ppwk around.

Sold 62 properties last month so maybe my view is a little jaded and doing one or two now and then it does not matter. To multiply my volume I know I need a better paper management system that legal boxes of deeds. They are scanned but sometimes I need the original to fix problems.

Stephen Pilon
    Participant

Limited POA has been a god send for me. I have someone stateside who steps in when situations arise to help avoid my “two of everything headaches” – mail, banking, etc. Electronic filing with the recorder has also helped head off a lot of the the “you did it wrong son” letters. When the odd one does come in, I just have to go through the motions again (ugh) and manage expectations with buyer/seller.

Dan Strandberg
    Participant

@lukeharris

I know this is an old post, but I’m wondering the same thing as a beginner stepping out into this business, and since Jack and Jill have said that I should be investing in the US market, I want to remove any potential pitfalls/issues that may arise.

My question to you, Luke, is are you still using a virtual mailbox? Did you quit when you got larger/more volume? If you are, is it still escapees.com? Sorry for the barrage of questions, just trying to get everything in a row while I save up for the initial investment.

Have a great day!

Luke Harris
    Participant

I did 42 deals in 2017 and used my virtual mailbox the whole Time. Still using escapees, but I believe there are other good options out there.

Dan Strandberg
    Participant

@lukeharris

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it makes my decision easier. Have a great day!

Curt Dirt
    Participant
    Pro

@Danstrandberg

Are you using escapees for a virtual mailbox?

Shane & Chris
    Participant
    Pro

Bringing the old post back up again. I’m sure new online boxes have popped up. Wondering the crowd favorite now?? And how long the wait is to get originals to you? Interested if Steve and Jill have dabbled in this? starting in AZ and now CA, do you just have them send the old box mail to the new home? Has anyone ever changed addresses with no trouble? Can’t imagine you’d want to… Virtual seems boundaryless no matter where you move!

Christian
    Participant
    Pro

I have had a good experience with travelingmailbox.com.

I have been with them since September 2017.

Joe Schmitt
    Participant
    Pro

I use Anytime Mailbox. I get a real street address and scanned images of everything.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.