LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Delinquent Lists vs. Normal Lists

• Creator
    Topic

Ben Crapo
    Participant

Quick question for everyone: Do you have a preference between mailing tax delinquent lists or normal mailing lists? Do you get a better response percentage?

For those that may target tax delinquent lists:
    -how many years of delinquency do you look at? (i.e. 2 years delinquent, 3 years delinquent)
    -do you combine your price per acre and the back taxes together when assessing the offer? (what percentage are you typically offering?)

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Ben – while I can not speak for everyone, most of us with LandAcademy only use the tax delinquent list to assist in finding a good county to mail to. We mail to everyone with the same offer and an offer to pay some back taxes within reason. We don’t adjust the offers for taxes owed and we don’t look them up before we mail out the offers.

I hope that helps you.

Kevin

Brian Leppard
    Participant
    Pro

I was wondering about this as well while going through the course. It seems like the tax delinquent list would yield a higher percentage of YES votes, especially when starting out and wanting to mail to those that are MOST likely to want to sell. I know that some of the others would buy, but this would seem to be a better concentration.

I’m not doubting the system.. just trying to make sense of that part of it.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Brian – When focusing on making offers only on tax delinquent lists you will deal with many more “problem” properties. Properties not owned by the seller. Properties with other liens, etc. You will have to deal with those problem properties. Also, if you only mail to tax delinquent properties, you will miss a lot of deals. And, getting the tax delinquent lists can be difficult. Some counties will not provide one. When we pull all the property data from the county, guess what? Those tax delinquent properties are in there along with the non-delinquent ones. Just send out the mail and see what you get. I rarely purchase properties with back taxes and I send out mail to every property owner. People say yes if they are in the right circumstance to sell.

Kevin

Brian Leppard
    Participant
    Pro

Brian – When focusing on making offers only on tax delinquent lists you will deal with many more “problem” properties. Properties not owned by the seller. Properties with other liens, etc. You will have to deal with those problem properties. Also, if you only mail to tax delinquent properties, you will miss a lot of deals. And, getting the tax delinquent lists can be difficult. Some counties will not provide one. When we pull all the property data from the county, guess what? Those tax delinquent properties are in there along with the non-delinquent ones. Just send out the mail and see what you get. I rarely purchase properties with back taxes and I send out mail to every property owner. People say yes if they are in the right circumstance to sell.

Thanks Kevin, that makes sense. Ths k you for explaining it.

Brian

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.