Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant

@jilldewit
    @stevenbutala

Hi Jill and Steve,
    I am buying some parcels in Colorado. The state requires a form TD-1000 (Real Property Transfer Declaration). They say it can be filled in and signed by either the seller or the buyer.
    Would I be right to assume it is better that I sign and fill out this form? Also, should I provide a copy of it to the seller?
    One last question – would it be okay if I emailed one of you the new deed to make sure I got everything right?
    I am just following the format of the vesting deed. Doing a warranty deed – unless you guys recommend something else.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala
    @jilldewit
    What date do I put on the deed when I am the buyer of the property?
    Do I use the date I prepared the deed or the when I anticipate the seller will sign?

Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Hi Kevin!
    Sounds like you are on your way and buying some great property! Congrats! Can’t wait to hear how it all goes…
    Here are answers to some of the details to help you along:

Date on deed? I leave that blank for seller to fill in when signing.

State forms that I can complete on my own as buyer? I don’t bog down the seller and complete those myself when I am mailing deed in for recording.

Type of deed? Depends on what is normal for the state and I would refer to original vesting deed. (Assumed you have that from seller.)

Great job! Jill

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@jilldewit

Many thanks Jill!!!

One last question for the day. The legal address for my LLC is my personal residence. But as per Steve’s suggestion I have an address for the LLC at the UPS Store.
    Is it okay to use my UPS Store address on the deed?

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@jilldewit
    @luketsmith

Hi Jill and Luke,

In Colorado they require a form TD1000 to be sent along with deed for recording. I am taking title in the name of my LLC. Do I sign Kevin Rhatigan as Member of Caleb Capital LLC?

Also, they ask for “condition of any improvements at time of purchase”. Do I leave this blank or just put good or average? (of course there are no improvements on vacant land)

Thanks for all your guys help. I have a land pro who has agreed to buy these 2 lots as soon as I have the deeds recorded in my name.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@Kevin a lawyer once told me to sign my LLC’s as managing member or sole member. I think the idea is to clear up any question as to your absolute ability to sign on behalf of the LLC.

Different guys sign different ways just don’t buy in the company name and sign in your name without the title in there as that leaves you personally on the line no matter what or how the LLC is set up. Especially for debts! You could have 1000 members in that LLC and you sign Kevin and you owe the debt too.

I’m not a lawyer, just friendly talk here.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith

Thanks Luke! Great advice as this is one of the major reasons to have an LLC in the first place.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.