LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Deed signing with multiple out-of-state owners

• Creator
    Topic

Drew K.
    Participant

Success Plant Team,

Has anyone purchased property where multiple siblings had ownership in the property and lived in different states? I’m looking for advice on the logistics for how to get the deed signed by all parties and have the signatures notarized efficiently. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Chris
    Participant
    Pro

Yes, I purchased a property with three siblings in three different states. I sent the deed to the first person, once they completed it, they sent it to sibling 2, when they signed it, they sent it to sibling 3. Then I arranged my notary to meet with sibling number 3 to get the final signature and give them the cashiers check.

Drew K.
    Participant

Thanks Chris!

Just so that I make sure I understand, did you only have the 3rd sibling’s signature notarized or did all 3 have their signatures notarized separately? I’m guessing all 3 need to be notarized, and if so would each sibling need have to have their own notary signatures on the deed. I was thinking of having 3 multiple signature pages essentially, one for each owner, and they could each sign and have their signatures notarized separately.

Milan
    Participant

I am pretty sure you need all siblings signature notarized Drew. I’m usually paying $100 for notary to visit my sellers. Make sure it makes sense for you.

Milan
    Participant

Is it a fantastic deal? If not, move on to a next one. There is so many deals out there.

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

The first two sellers had to get it notarized themselves, I only paid for the final notary.

Drew K.
    Participant

Thanks everyone. This has been very helpful!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.