Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant

@jilldewit
    @stevenbutala
    @luketsmith
    @claire
    @mikedugan

Hi all!

I am sending in a deed for recording and did not specify a sale price in the deed (just said “good and valuable consideration).
    My county charges a small fee for every $100 over $500 for recording the deed.
    Do I need to send the county a copy of my purchase agreement with the seller when I send in the deed for recording to verify the sale price?
    I tried calling the county but they are not answering their phone this afternoon.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

In CA there is another form to fill out with the sale price on it and how much was cash, credit, commissions, fees etc. One I did in NV had a much easier form. I would keep trying them via phone or just try and see if they send it back or not.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Luke, that sounds like the best bet. CO has a form where you fill in the price so I’ll just assume they will take that unless they send it back

Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

@kevinrhatigan

Sounds like you figured it out. County does not need purchase agreement. And you can just state in a cover letter that x fee is based on a purchase price of Y. (Unless like Luke said the county requires a separate document like an affidavit of property value. And IF you need that, don’t include your doc/prep fees if you charge them. Just what the property price was.)

That’s it!

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@jilldewit

Many thanks Jill!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.