• Creator
    Topic

Luke Smith

So I went cheap to start and got AgentPro247.com for mailer data. Was doing a presentation at Thanksgiving on how we could buy up the neighborhood at a discount in a different area than I am working for land. Turns out that area where I have some competitive advantages in the rental house business does not have deeds and other public documents on AgentPro247. Maybe it is that county but I know the local police can do that from their squad cars so the data is out there and digitized.

Now I want to check CoreLogic. What happened to the phone number and contact info for Teague over there that was on the right hand side of the screen?

Does anybody know Teague’s contact info at CoreLogic. I talked to him for a while before but can’t find his number.

Claire? @lake17

Thank You!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Wish I had this new mailing list feature up way earlier. Missed a lot of leads. Sales are starting to happen from someone who bought and is so happy they came back to buy more off of my mailers.

Just like Steve says in his videos. Get your foundation set up because when calls start coming in you won’t have time.

Maybe send out a big mailer via standard mail then set up the bases before the phone rings is the better way?

Mailer to phone ringing is about a three week gap for me.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

CoreLogic baby! Data2Doorstep(D2D) uses CoreLogic. It is new to me so I am still testing like a kid with a new toy. Just did an interesting test today.

Wayne County MI
    AP247 last updated their data including Deeds on 12/7/15
    D2D last updated their data on 12/17/15

Pretty close right? what gets me is AP247 has this check box system and Deeds are checked.

I’m trying to pull the vesting deed on one of my properties there and figured this would be an easy way to test the two data services.

D2D comes up with me as the owner
    AP247 comes up with the guy I bought the property from in 2008 as the owner

How does that even happen?

D2D pulled up my deed from 2008 right on cue
    AP247 has the documents selection grayed out, I tried to get the property report with the documents appended to the end of the report like I do when researching land. The option let me choose the last 5 deeds they had on file with accurate looking titles too. I checked them all. Who knows what you learn going back in time like that right? Click, spin, loading loading, loading forever and finally the report comes in. At the bottom is listed the titles of the old deeds and under each one an error message in red.

Checked to make sure they did not charge me for them. No charge but still frustrating. They say they have the deeds in their geographic coverage but I can’t pull deeds on any property I try in that county.

One more star for D2D, Steve knows his data.

Now I can make offers in Wayne county on houses and see the vesting deeds in D2D to help me close the deals notary style. I have been looking forward to this. Wouldn’t be able to work my favorite rental neighborhood effectively with out D2D.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Testing Core Logic Professional through the Data2Doorstep offer.

Grand Travers County, MI – Where I grew up.
    There is a lot a vacant land next to lakes, rivers, hunting, fishing etc I could sell the piss out of it if I could get my hands on it because I know it and believe in it.

D2D last update 1/1/2015
    AP247 last update 3/5/2014

Is that old of data even worth trying?

Zach

I would try it. I don’t think too many people would’ve sold their land in a year but who knows. Maybe pull a list and compare a handful of properties to the county gis and see if they still are the owner. It would be time consuming to do every single one of them but you’d save a couple dollars on mailers.

Just a heads up though, I’m sure you are aware. If you want property in the Midwest cabin country you will probably have to pay quite a bit more than what you would in the southwest, at least in some areas. I’ve bought 10 pieces of land so far in the North country and expect to profit 30k at minimum on them though(we will see soon). So pay more to make more. Motivated sellers seem thin up in the north country as well, I’ve been sending postcards though (Sorry Steve!)I’m sending out offer letters later this week. I’m hoping they work better and I can quit wasting my time appraising peoples property. But I believe the right property up in that area will sell very fast.

Seems like there are a lot of people on this site formerly from Michigan, I am as well…Lansing area. Go Spartans!

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@zgibbons

Can I ask how much the properties are costing in that area? How much will you have invested to make that $30k?

Zach

I have spent probably 20-25k to hopefully make that 30k so even if everything goes wrong I think I will double my money for sure. I bought my first couple properties the wrong way but now I’m really being picky and negotiating them down a lot more. Last June I bought some hunting land (27.5 acres an hour from the twin cities) before I learned of any of this and paid 40k for it. Thanks to this program I keep thinking about selling it to have some more capital to work with.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@zgibbons
    That is an area I know well. Figured it would be a good idea to have a spread of business in a couple core areas. Looking at what data is available while sizing up the market before I jump in.

Will probably start at the low end and work my way up.

As for selling land to raise capital, sure, then you know what you can really sell it for and will buy better next time.

James Skinner
    Participant

Luke,

AP247 has large gaps in information, with some counties having great data, and others have nothing at all. Have you seen info gaps in D2D as well? Are there some counties with poor or no data reported?

Right now I am just getting my data directly from the counties I want. I can accept that D2D might be the best option for many counties, but that doesn’t mean they will have data for the counties I am really interested in. Being tied in for a year at sign-up means I can’t try it and find out, either.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@jskinner
    Good question. I am just new to using it. I am still running them both side by side and comparing. So far the biggest difference is how freaking slow AP247 is to get the data. D2D is almost instant. It is like dial up Internet vs Cable. D2D is much easier to use, little things like saving searches. Going back and changing settings to fiddle around and get better results is much easier with D2D. AP247 makes it easier to load money then click on pay per items. D2D I have to enter my credit card for a 2.50 transaction again and again but at least it is pay as you go instead of prepay. AP247 has GPS and maps. You can see where the property is and what it looks like in there. In D2D you have to go look it up on their map system. Maybe I am missing something but shouldn’t they be linked so I can click to see where it is on a map? At least give me the GPS coordinates like in AP247 so I can put them into my own mapping systems.

As for data coverage I have not seen one instance where AP247 has fresher data than D2D. I’m sure if I looked for it I could fine one but just browsing areas I am interested in D2D is fresher. D2D seems to have more data too like vesting Deeds that AP247 does not have in some cases.

James Skinner
    Participant

Thanks. Yeah, I have already come to the conclusion that AP247 isn’t that great for data compared to D2D. I am just not sure if D2D is better than going to the counties directly, or if D2D even has data for all counties.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Not sure it is all counties but something in the high 90’s of percent of all counties. Tell me a county or two and I will check when they last updated it. You can send a private message if you like.

Think the only way to really know is try it. Flip some land off the county data get other property in other counties the sellers want to sell you and then go buy it. You won’t have to wait for the random counties to get you the data.

Zach

@luketsmith

I found a way around the $2.50 charges. You need a good Realtor friend. All I have to do is ask her about such and such property or area and she can look anything up for me for free and it’s the same info from corelogic. It’s a sneaky way around it but it works. Only issue is her data coverage area is only Wisconsin and Minnesota. It’s also “against the rules” to give me her login information so trying to communicate over the phone exactly what I need is tough. But I’d rather do that then have a bunch of small charges on my card, especially when that $2.50 charge gives me incomplete information.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Have been working on a new bigger mailer to hopefully come in as I clean out my inventory and settle all outstanding sales.
    Aiming at 4000 units this time. We will see if I can keep up with that many calls.

This time I am using CoreLogic and am not as familiar with it. Have noticed some differences. They have more data. It is much more logically orientated to use and search. This video might help describe what I am talking about.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

In this video about using CoreLogic I am showing how easy it is to search out a specific property owner and make offers on their other properties.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Watch me fumble my way through pulling data to make a mailer in a new county. Kalkaska MI

Please feel free to make fun of me and or point me in the right direction. This is just a beginners attempt to compiling data for a mailer to make offers on vacant land using CoreLogic.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.