• Creator
    Topic

Anonymous

I was just looking at the landacademy.com resources page and wanted to find out if the CoreLogic RealQuest special rates are available yet and if so how to get them. Thanks,
    Claire

“Special services or rates for LandAcademy Students coming soon! Check back here for details…”

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Corelogic/RealQuest update:

We are negotiating with CoreLogic/RealQuest to ensure you are receiving the least expensive and most beneficial data plan. Currently the best plan starts around $125/month for unlimited records in a tier C county. (GREAT deal by the way)

A tier C county is a great place to start for finding rural land for the right price. This way you can hone your skills and retrieve unlimited records and potentially contact every land owner in the county.

There are certainly more expansive statewide and nationwide plans available. For best deals, contact Teague below and let him know you are reaching out through Land Academy/LandStay.

Can’t wait to hear your results!

Jill

Teague L. Shen
    National Account Executive

Direct 949.214.1645
    Fax 817.826.0263
    tshen@corelogic.com
    https://corelogiclive.com/tshen

Anonymous

What is a tier C county?

Brian Mc
    Participant

FYI to anyone interested in using RealQuest- I just got information from Teague this morning. He said that plans range from $125-175 depending on the county, and that the discounted pricing will need to be purchased as a 12 month subscription. He included some samples of what the data reports look like and a video tutorial of how to use the site. If anyone has any experience using RealQuest I’d like to hear your feedback on their services. Thanks.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

@brianmc86
    @jilldewit
    @stevenbutala

I’m still trying to choose what service from RealQuest to get. When I spoke to Teague to get the plan that Jill recommended ($125-$175/mo for Tier C county), he said county plans were not what I wanted, because they didn’t allow a custom search. Instead he recommended listsource.com (see below for pricing he quoted me and his justification).

-Am I fundamentally not understanding what I need here?

below is some of my exchange with Teauge–

********** (from me)
    Here’s what I would like to do:
    A search for a particular county by acreage, improvement %, assessed value, and land use. This could leave me with thousands of records for a particular county. Then I want to download/export the details on the properties into a spreadsheet with fields like APN, Owner, acreage, land use, zoning, total value, assessed value, property tax, legal description, etc.

******************(from Teague)
    Claire,

ListSource will be the application you would need to use to assist with your mailers, it will allow you to customize a list you specified in your email.

ListSource homepage – https://www.listsource.com/homepage/index.htm Video Tutorial (how to get started/how to purchase your list) – https://www.listsource.com/blog/resources
    FAQ’s
    Ø ListSource is a self-service application
    Ø $50 minimum purchase through website
    Ø PayPal is the method of payment (does not apply to pre-paid purchases)
    Ø Pre-paid bulk options available (purchase by credit card available)
    Ø Standard cost per lead is $0.17 when purchased online
    Ø Customer Support (800)-345-7334

*This preferred pricing is not listed online & is typically for businesses targeting prospects on a month-to month basis. We offer the following per-lead discounts. Each level requires a deposit to be made towards lead purchases, and all funds are available for 1 year:

Pre-Paid Bulk Options
    Cost per lead
    $600-$999 $0.12
    $1000-$1999 $0.11
    $2000+ $0.09

-Teague

S. Jack Butala
    Participant

@lake17

@brianmc86

Thanks, Claire. This is very informative for all of us on staff here at LandStay and LandAcademy.

Claire, you are one of my favorite students. It seems to me that you will stop at nothing to get this done. I really respect that.

Here is what we do:

We have a subscription with CoreLogic that costs about $250 a month. For that we can download about 1200 records per month in any county in the country. The method we use to download is in the DVD package you purchased. We have had great success with this model and I believe it’s due to the laser like sort criteria for the 1200 or so downloaded records. BTW, you get charged 2 or 3 cents per record after you hit your max (which adds up to very little). Keep this in mind. You already did ALL the work for the first 1,200. I know it’s a financial commitment and $250 is a lot of money per month. But it works.

If I were starting out today, I would choose that plan and send 1,200 or so perfect letters per month.

If money is a huge issue, You can always go directly to the counties and get the data from them. I’ve explained my experience with that in the DVD Education Package. It might be the right choice for a young bright person like you. For the rest us who are not data wizards, the effort out weights the cost. County data can cost as little as $30.00 for the whole tax roll. But you have your work cut out to get that laser list. There are millions of records to work though. I have done this in the past. It is very possible but time consuming.

So like everything, you have to pay money or pay in time to get what you want.

We are working on a plan to get access to data at a dramatically reduced cost for all of our SuccessPlant members. CoreLogic is really dragging it’s feet. I will announce when it happens. Sorry for the delay.

In the mean time, I’ll try to put together a quick fix.

Thanks for participating…

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala
    @jilldewitt
    @claire
    @lake17
    @brianmc86

Hi Steve,

Like Claire I also spoke to Teague about less expensive options to get started building my mailing list. He also recommended List Source and said several Land Academy students were using List Source.

List Source records seemed to have the basics for vacant, rural land if you were willing to forego the APN and legal description. My thought was that you could always look up the APN, legal description and GPS once you start interacting with a seller.

Is anyone using List Source? If yes, how is it working? Is the data fresh?

Steve: I would really appreciate your thoughts as I am hesitant to commit to $250 per month for 12 months.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala
    @lake17
    @claire
    @brianmc86
    Hi Steve,

I posted something on this topic under “Mailing Lists” it really should have gone under this heading “CoreLogic RealQuest”.

Can you tell us the name of the package you recommend from CoreLogic? Is there any other charge in addition to the $250 per month and the 3 cents per record for more than 1200 records in a month?

Would CoreLogic consider doing a trial run for your students w/o the 12 month commitment?

One final question: I could not tell from the DVDs – do you scrub the data before or after requesting it from CoreLogic?

Sorry to have so many questions in one post! I really want to get this right the first time.

Jerry Dalglish
    Participant
    Pro

Looks like we’re all set. Data package is 225/month. Unlimited counties.

I’m pulling the trigger and keeping the momentum. Thanks Steve for pulling it together.

I don’t care if it’s a commitment. I’m committed and will deduct as an expense on taxes anyway.

Adam Osterbur
    Participant

I have to be honest, and this is the one and only place I can vent. The price of CoreLogic alone is going to be very prohibitive to me for getting this venture off the ground. I am feeling a bit deflated at the moment, really very disappointed.

Jerry Dalglish
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Adam. No need to be deflated!

Just go find a county and get the delinquent list from them. Don’t let something like money get in the way just keep moving forward.

Jill DeWit
    Participant

One more thought, Adam. Once you find out how much time/energy is spent working with less than perfect data you might change your mind. If you spend weeks pouring over the county list getting a mailer going – when you could have done it on one Sunday afternoon, have you really saved any $?

*One* good deal can pay for the cost of getting great data.

Jason Polley
    Participant
    Pro

Adam,

I agree with the others about going directly to the county. If you need to save some money until you build up your war chest, it’s a really good option.

However, take it one step further and teach yourself iMacros. It’s a web browser plugin that automates the process of downloading and completing your county data.

More often than not you’ll find that the data the county gives you is incomplete. You’ll also notice that their website has the data you are missing. iMacros can scrape that data from the website and drop it into a file. Join it up with the data the county gives you and you’re good to go.

It’s a bit of trial and error to get it working, but it’s a one time build. Next time you hit the county, you just run the iMacro. No need to build it again.

Don’t let ANYTHING stop you.

Jason

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.