LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Company Name using Pat Live

• Creator
    Topic

Frank Mijares
    Participant

Ok, sorry to be a pest. Last question of the day. I don’t have a LLC yet for the purpose of buying and selling land. I presently have two LLCs one is for buying notes, the second LLC was for my rental which I sold (thank goodness). I am working on a website using the name, “Your Very Own Land”. However,I want to use the second LLC because it has an established bank account and EIN number for the purpose of buying and selling property. If a prospective buyer researches the company name “Your Very Own Land” on local and state records, they will not find one, which might make them very suspicious of my intentions.

Pat Live has asked me for my company name, should I use the current website name even though it does not legally exist?

thank you
    Frank

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

Frank, if you already own the domain, you can simply file an “assumed name certificate” to link it to your existing LLC name. For example, I have one LLC, but two different “doing business as” names. One for buying land, and another for selling land. It’s easy to do, but check your local state/county rules for assumed name certificates. Lastly, I don’t think too many buyers will care what your entity name is versus what your “marketing” name is, as long as you give them a good deal and make the process easy. Just my two cents.

Kyle

Frank Mijares
    Participant
    Pro

Kyle, thanks for the answer. I was not aware of the “assumed name certificates”.

Frank

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.