LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Cash Buyer, but needs time to come up with the money

• Creator
    Topic

Chaz Albrecht
    Participant

So I just posted my first property 2 days ago. Today I received a call from a cash buyer, but he said he needs time to come up with the money. It’s listed for 3,850. He can come up with 3000 in a week, but needs 3 weeks for the full amount.

I’d really like to get the full amount since this mailer was pretty slim, and I know I priced it right. How should I go about this. Is there a contract he should sign saying he’ll purchase in 30 days, or could I get some earnest money with a time frame to buy?

Also, the deed hasn’t been recorded yet. I’m mailing it off tmw and just wanted to go ahead and get it listed. Is this a problem? Thanks GANG.

@admin
    @luketsmith
    @jilldewit

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

That sounds like a good problem. I would take it. I know it is slow but might be faster than waiting on a faster buyer. At least it is not escrow long waiting.

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

I would take it. The next cash buyer in a few weeks might offer you 3400 or who knows

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Its like they all have some kind of terms in mind. Some are embarrassed to ask for a few days. Others ask for as many years as possible. Just hear them out and make them feel special then take their money and give them the land.

Chaz Albrecht
    Participant
    Pro

lol. Ok so my main concern is that I wait it out, then he can’t come up with the money. What would you do to avoid this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.