LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Buying Land and Increase Your Frequent Flyer Miles Too!!

• Creator
    Topic

Brandon Price
    Participant

Hey everyone, I know I am getting a bit ahead of myself here. I am super curious to see if anyone has come up with a way to buy land from their sellers using a credit card? In my day to day expenses, I only use credit cards and pay them off every month. On average I earn more than $2000 a year in rewards. How can we buy property using our credit cards and increase our frequent flyer miles!!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Hey Brandon!

We’re interested to see what people come up with too! My best answer would be that it would depend on the seller. For example – if you buy land from us we can just run your credit card since we have the software set up for that. I wouldn’t be surprised if other sellers had something like that too if you ask. For normal run of the mill sellers though, they wouldn’t necessarily have that set up.

I’m sure someone has an idea, and we’ll update if we find anything too!

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@brandonp

I’m somewhat into miles and credit card offers so here’s my two cents.

Most sellers don’t have a way to accept credit cards. They are just average run of the mill people.

Normally credit card rewards equal around 1-2% of the purchase price. But the CC companies are usually charging companies around 2-3% to use their cc processing service.

So most ways of getting cash from your credit card involve a fee. You can get cash from your credit card via a balance transfer check (with fees), you can get cash advance (with fees). There are sometimes ways to get cash from your CC without fees, such as a special balance transfer offer, but they usually won’t give you bonus points/miles on that.

I know it’s easy to think of credit card rewards as “free money” but really it’s coming out of the merchants pocket and the fees they are paying on their cc processing. Someone needs to be paying that 2-3% fee for us to be getting that 1-2% reward.

Brandon Price
    Participant

Chris,

Good point that there are always fees somewhere and someone has to pay for it. I know I came across checkbook.io and that was kinda what peaked my interest. I know I am reaching here but was just curious if anyone had some solution. I agree with Erin, that no one we come across to buy land from will have a system in place to accept credit cards. Maybe a third party vendor would allow it but your right Chris, most likely there would be a cash advance fee that would wipe out any benefit to the rewards.

Thanks

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

You can buy mailers from LetterPrintign.net with a credit card. Data2Doorstep subscription.
    Postage at the post office.
    Some Notaries take em.
    Stick the fees on credit cards.
    LandWatch.com
    LandAndFarm.com
    The fees ad up.
    Some of the taxes can be put on a card but they usually charge more like what Chris is saying.

You can buy land on my website with a credit card! RuralVacantLand.com I don’t like paying credit cards but I like collecting from them when selling stuff.

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

Brandon,

Maybe ask your bank..wonder if they could take your credit card for certified checks or wire transfers.

Cash is king in my optinon

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

Re: credit card for wire transfers and certified checks

They will let you do it,but it counts as a cash advance which usually has a big fee and a higher interest rate and does not count towards miles/bonus programs

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

A couple of us are doing a weekly mailer. We group up and send the mailer to the same areas but different people. The bills to pay for it become a bit staggering because of the size of the mailing but the guys in the mailing pay you right back. Miles, cha ching for you if you are set up for it.

You should join and we use your card to place the orders. Then we share what we are buying and learn off of each other. Unless Aaron or Chris want to do that first or we take turns.

We have been spending about 5 grand a week on mailers.

With more people we can hit more counties and learn even more about which ones to circle back to.

@astewartconst
    @diego79
    @brandonp

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

Yeah Luke I am down for that… we coukd rotate weeks. I don’t fly but my wife travels with friends, I need a Cabelas card to get some points toward gun purchases lol

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

What is your dream gun? Put it in the ads as payment accepted.

Get guns without serial numbers or paperwork delivered to your door in trade for land. I’d be smiling.

Has not happened yet but I posted guns on my website as form of payment accepted to leave the door open. The list of stuff I will barter for is pretty long.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.