LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Buying from a Trust

• Creator
    Topic

B.D. Jones
    Participant

Hi gang. I’m buying a property from a trust. I have a copy of trust doc so I know who’s authorized to sell. Do I need to record an affidavit of trust? (Title company I talked to said affidavit of trust should be on record). Anyone with any EXPERIENCE (not simply opinion, lol) buying from a trust then selling it. Did you record anything starting who had authority to sell from trust? I know when I buy or sell through from or through LLC I have to record and an affidavit stating who has authority to sell for the LLC. Anyone have a copy of an affidavit of trust they’d pass on?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Milan
    Participant

I bought and sold from trust in California and Nevada.

When I sold without title no affidavit of trust was requested from county.

When I sold through title, title company requested the trust copy. No affidavit was requested by them.

This might hovered different from county to county. So B.D. just let them sign the affidavit too together with the deed if it’s not too much bother.

Joe Schmitt
    Participant
    Pro

following… I have an option with a trust. I have a copy of the trust document and I verified that I am dealing with the authorized trustee. I am closing through title, so we’ll see if anything goofy crops up.

B.D. Jones
    Participant
    Pro

I’m records searching and seeing other trust affidavits. I think I’ll use one and put my own together. Should go fine. Worst case and I run into problems selling through title – I have a positive relationship with the seller and if I get something wrong and need a new doc done I don’t think it’ll be a problem to get a new one signed. Wish me luck land flippers!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.