LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Business Data Directory for Finding Buyers (Developers, Renovators, Etc)

• Creator
    Topic

Christian
    Participant

Hi all,

I wanted to share a business data directory similar to Real Quest and Data Tree that I recently came across. There are a couple of things that make this invaluable.

I have a larger commercial property I am working on selling. One of the things I wanted to do to get it sold was find a business data directory similar to the data sources we use except it would have developer, renovator, real estate agency and other real estate related companies so I could send them a letter.

Initially, I had a hard time finding something cost effective. Then I came across Salesgenie.com. Maybe some of you have heard of them or are already using a similar resource. For those who are looking for a new way to market in addition to “neighbor letters” I recommend checking them out. For twenty cents a record (I’m sure you could get better bulk deals) I got every real estate developers mailing address in all of Ohio. I also got every real estate company labeled as “investor” “commercial” and “buyers/brokers” across five different counties surrounding my property. I did this all within about 10 minutes after I figured out how it worked.

As my property is larger undeveloped commercial land, contacting these developers seemed like a must. I just didn’t know a way to do it efficiently until now. I will be sending a letter to every developer in the state of Ohio… mind slightly blown… Maybe it’s overkill to send every single one a letter but at the end of the day, it’s not that much out of pocket and people know people.

In addition to mailing addresses, they also provide a contact phone number if there is one available. This is invaluable for those who like to get on the phone to get a property sold. Instead of searching Google for business phone numbers, you can get a list of numbers downloaded right into an excel spreadsheet.

Again, maybe this has been shared and I have missed it. But for those who need/want additional marketing strategies, I recommend you check them out. There are other similar data resources I cam across such as siccode.com but I haven’t had the time to explore yet.

Let me know if you have used or end up using a resource like this. I am interested to hear your experiences.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Christian! Appreciate hearing about this.

Christian
    Participant
    Pro

I forgot to mention that there is an option for downloading email addresses as well. However, I know there are some laws regarding spamming emails.

Christian
    Participant
    Pro

I should have added this additional info in the original post but I don’t see an edit button.

In the downloadable excel spreadsheet, there are executive names, as well as ranges for annual revenue among other data.

Who knows how accurate some of this information is but thought I would share for those interested.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

5 Stars to this post. Excellent information Christian!

Steve C
    Participant
    Pro

Follow up to how this has been working out?!

Christian
    Participant
    Pro

Too early to say. I have someone who is helping me call the list and it seems about 1 in 15 numbers dialed wants more information on the property. Most calls go to voicemail.

The letters I sent out have yielded a couple of people contacting me asking to go see the property.

There are some issues with the property that seem to be a big hang up for most buyers which is slowing down the sale.

Regardless, the list is exactly what I outlined above. I think it can be another great tool to utilize when trying to actively sell property. Just another tool in the tool belt so to speak.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.