LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Bulk Way to Pull the number of Improved SFR Parcels per zipcode instead Manual

• Creator
    Topic

Austin Good
    Participant

Hello all, I would have to imagine there is a way to pull how many SFR Parcels that have improvements of $1 or 1% or more in a particular zip code in one list rather than having to go in and searching each individual zip code separately. The reason I am asking is I believe it would make the research for good Infill Lot zip codes a whole heck of a lot easier. In Chapter 2 Stephen has you go through and look for consistency of sales prices as step 1 then he has you go and pull the data from redfin as step 2 and finally he has you then go one by one and look up how many sfr parcels w/ improvements of $1/1% or more as the final step. To me it would make a lot more sense if you first took an entire state for example and pulled the redfin data by zipcode and then if you were able to pull the sfr parcel count by zip code in one go rather than doing it manually you could then find a list of zips that Days on Mkt are low,New List to Sold is below 100% and Parcels on Mkt to All is below 1%. Basically you would have the list of all zips that meet the Red Yellow Green test and from there you could then go to each zipcode and look for the ones that have consistent pricing as the last step instead of the first.

Am I crazy or would this be a much better approach? Maybe it isn’t possible to pull the SFR Parcel counts in any sort of bulk way but I have to think it would be worth the effort to see if it could be done since it would save a ton of time and effort. Has anyone else done anything like this to help them during their market research time to be more efficient at finding the best zips to mail to?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Austin – Yes, you are crazy. No, wait, I am just kidding. This is the kind of stuff that most of us spend a lot of time thinking about. What if I did this? or That?

If I understood your proposal correctly I think it would involve actually pulling and downloading all the data. Doing it Steve’s way (I have done it a few time myself) you are looking for SFR counts in each zip code so you can put that data in with the RedFin data. At this time, that is the only way to get individual counts in each zip code without downloading a lot of data that you won’t use later.

Sorry if I missed your meaning here.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

Austin Good
    Participant
    Pro

No you got my question. I was just trying to see if there was a smarter way to get those sfr counts in bulk rather than doing it manually but I guess if there were Stephen probably would have discovered it by now.

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

Austin — This is the type of activity you might put a virtual assistant on in the Philipines at $3/hr. Have them pull the Redfin data zip code by zip code and put it in the green/yellow/red light format for you. (And then you pull the RealQuest data to determine the number of SFRs per zip code.) And maybe later, once you have a great deal of trust in them, have them pull the RealQuest data (SFRs) once you believe they won’t mistakenly download the data at $0.10/record.

Michael Aillon
    Participant
    Pro

At the end of any process, you need to test for reason. Your approach could be quite good. You just need to sample the data enough to feel confident of the process.

S. Jack Butala
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Thanks all. DataTree which is included with HouseAcademy.com and the soon-to-be-released content on CountyWise.com makes this functionality simple and accomplish able in seconds.

You guys are all ahead of the curve here.

Marc Littmann
    Participant
    Pro

Curious if the soon to be released content through Countywise has already happened, as I am pretty new to LA in last 3 weeks. Is it the data here? Just wondering, because the dates are nearly 4 years old ( I sorted by List field to bring highest parcel counts to the top):

Back Tax Information – Colorado
    Control # State County Type Secondary Type Sale Date List Post Data Parcels
    1361 CO El Paso Lien 10/21/2015 10/01/2015 4924
    1464 CO Pueblo Lien Online 10/14/2013 09/30/2013 4702
    1516 CO Pueblo Lien Online 10/15/2012 10/04/2012 3778
    1459 CO Weld Lien Online 10/31/2013 10/09/2013 3511
    1460 CO Weld Lien Online 10/31/2013 10/09/2013 3511
    1392 CO Denver Lien Online 11/07/2014 10/21/2014 3198
    1405 CO Adams Lien Online 11/03/2014 10/18/2014 3045

thanks!

marc

Marc Littmann
    Longmont, CO

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.