• Creator
    Topic

Greg B
    Participant

Is everybody using a hosting company’s template to build their websites, or have you hired someone to build it for you? I have a very basic website now, but would like to make it look much more professional. I just don’t want to spend the time messing around with it, and still have it look bush league. Any suggestions on who to use?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Fred
    Participant

Hi Greg, did you get any feedback or come to any conclusions on a good hosting company?

Nick Sliger
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Fred,

I got my .com from godaddy. 3 years for $21.51.
    Went with Hostgator. 3 years for $154.79.
    With the coupon code: rsoaveas2 the business plan is $4.30/month – 71.24% off (cheaper than the lessor plans).
    The code just popped up with a cheaper price when it thought I was about to leave the website.
    Just checked and the code works as of this post. Saves you $383.41!

Building the site on WordPress with a free template/theme.
    Also trying out a free email from hostgator. name@mywebsite.com

Total cost for having a webpage for 3 years = $176.30
    Per year $58.76

Hope this helps someone out, saving some time and money.
    Will post my webs url in a few days when its up and running

Fred
    Participant

Hello Nick, thank you for the insight. Based on a lot of reading and comparisons, it seems that you can’t go wrong with HostGator, eHost, etc, especially it you start with cPanel to design/manage the website. I had purchased a domain last year with eHost for a good price (for 3 yrs), and I learned this week that I could just add on a domain for selling the raw land. I have added a domain and am currently looking at the different WordPress templates. There are some templates that are for real estate and I want to pick one that is useful for raw land. It looks like most are designed for selling houses. For the WordPress themes, the blogs discuss an addin called WooCommerce which may be useful in the future for selling and financing the land. Thanks again for your insight and if you learn any more about the themes, etc., I would be interested, thanks, Fred

Milan
    Participant

Fred my advice for you is to keep it cheapest possible you can in the beginning.

I’m sitting on 8 large acreage deals right now and those take time to sell.

You don’t want to be paying monthly fees for commerce websites and other overhead.

Keep it simple. If you’re like most of us here in this forum you have maybe $30K to invest. Than you have to sell!

I find it much more challenging to actually sell my properties than buy them. Buying us easy. Make sure you can survive the selling waiting period. Go cheap or die!

Fred
    Participant

Milan, thank you so much for the help. I was taking a look at templates such as this one:

but did not realize the ecommerce piece may increase the costs greatly. The template itself is $50-$100 or so but there could definitely be monthly costs associated with adding the ecommerce piece.
    I will keep it simple to get started-thanks! Fred

Nick Sliger
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Fred,

For my website landwrangler.com I’m using the Sydney theme. It’s not a RE theme just a general business one. I plan on finding a good listing plug in or just set my listings up with in a portfolio type manner. There are many good YT videos that can show you how to build step by step. Going to add the commerce button at a later date. I briefly looked at WooCommerce. Currently messing around with Contact Form 7, setting up my sell your land page. Good luck on building your site, you will learn fast.

Jake Robinson
    Participant
    Pro

for those who are still looking for best way to build real estate buyer’s site… Seth Williams – RETipster blog and has been a guest with Steve & Jill and vice versa has about 40 min instructional youtube vid and a link to StudioPress theme for realestate… keep in mind, what makes it a land site is your images – just because you see the theme with typical SFR images – don’t let that throw you… I purchased the theme, followed along with his video and built this: http://www.BuyBuyLand.com – it’s simple but very fuctional and I’ll be able to pimp it out later.

Here is the link to the blogpost: https://retipster.com/buyingwebsite/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.