• Creator
    Topic
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Tom Deeter
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Dan,

I just spoke to my rep at Bluepay (Ashleen) and she told me the same exact thing. I asked if it was because I was new to Bluepay and she said it was not because I was new but because they decided that the increased risk with real estate transaction warranted a change in their terms.

She told me they would be “rolling this out” to everyone doing real estate.

So the ONLY credit card that they will process is MasterCard.
    They will accept DEBIT (VISA and MasterCard).

No American Express, Discover, VISA credit or ACH payments. In fact, I am having to email them bank statements, Deeds and Purchase Agreements to get a recently processed VISA Credit transaction finalized.

If someone is getting a different story from Bluepay please let us know!

Tom

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Ouch! It sounds like the policy is being driven by the credit card companies and not the Merchant Account provider.

Following.

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

I’m being stalled on setting-up my BluePay account as well. They are also looking at my website and asking for proof that I own the properties advertised via Deeds, etc. Hopefully this will iron-out and we will be left with something we can work with in our businesses.

Trevor Probandt
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Dammit boys!!! That is not good news. Please keep us updated, this is absolutely a big deal.

Milan
    Participant

Yes that’s bad news indeed! But I have a solution for that. Stop focusing on little deals and do bigger ones. Who’s going to pay you 10K for your 40 acres or quality 1 acre lot in Florida with credit card? Nobody.

If you have only little to invest than sell those small ones traditionally and buy more expensive ones.

So I eliminated the need for a credit card processing on my website all together buy doing larger deals. I have no use for it at all.

Just a thought. Not bragging. Very practical – more $$$ made in one transaction, less transactions, less work, more life and no need to deal with credit card processing BS.

Daniel Bear
    Participant
    Pro

I did end up setting up an account with BluePay and so far so good other than the restricted card types. If I come across anything else down the line I will be sure to let you know.

-Daniel Bear

Bryan McCarthy
    Participant
    Pro

Hey guys, more potentially bad news about BluePay. I set up my Merchant Account and also went through all of the delays associated. However, I just talked to them yesterday, and they said their new policy is to no longer allow any transaction to occur until they can verify with the county assessor that I am the owner of the property being sold. I’d understand if they just wanted to see the signed deed, but with this new rule, we’ll have to wait another week or two to get it recorded, and then wait weeks/months after that until it shows up in the assessor’s database. I requested that they take another look at the policy.

@JackButala, have you discussed this with them while setting up your account?

Anwar Montgomery
    Participant
    Pro

@ Bryan

We discussed this on the weekly call. Blue Pay is a no go, unless you want to deal with their policies. They told me that transactions will go through but they will not release the funds to me until they verify at the county. They also told me I cannot accept Visa credit, which is a huge portion of credit card holders. Jack is looking at another solution for us. I terminated my Blue Pay account with Nancy.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Bear
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Anwar,

I setup an account as well and from what I have heard and experienced it sounds like it is a good time to back away from working with them. When you terminated your account with BluePay was there any sort of penalty?

Thanks!

-Daniel Bear

Anwar Montgomery
    Participant
    Pro

No cancellation fee for me. Talk to Nancy. She is well aware that people from our community are cancelling.

Good luck.

Bryan McCarthy
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Anwar, I missed Thursday but just listened to it. Looking forward to hearing how Jack’s phone call on Friday went!

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

I like Milan’s response above and not use Credit Cards and go for the bigger deals! I just got a call from BluePay Risk Department telling me that I won’t receive payment for a credit card I processed a few days ago until I can show the new deed in the new owners name. As you know that could take months! BluePay is giving me the blues….and the runs…..for the “run-a-round!” 🙂 Arrrrg!……….

I will be canceling BluePay just like Anwar and going for the bigger deals like Milan.

Milan
    Participant

Yeah Chuck! Don’t let anyone tell you what to do. Take charge. Good for you.

F¥€{ THEM!

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone found a solution to this yet or is everyone holding out for JillPay? ( @jilldewit @admin)

I’m still working on the training, but did a quick google search and found Gravity Payments. Disclosure, I’ve not contacted them as I’m not ready to add this yet but thought I’d pass it along in case it could help one of you. ( @beardaniel @tomdeeter @rotortech @cklid1 @trevorp @bmccarthy @anwarm)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.