LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Anyone mailed to Fresno County, CA before?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Brian Carmody
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’ve gone through the steps to evaluate Fresno County, CA to mail offers. It seems to meet the Land Academy criteria pretty well. One thing that worries me though is that while I have found land for sale in Landwatch, Zillow, Redfin and Realtor.com, I haven’t seen anyone selling in Fresno on LandPin or a variety of the member sites (wholesalers like me) I subscribe to and follow.

Since it seems that there are virtually no one selling rural vacant land wholesale, just on the retail sites, I’m wondering if I’ve overlooked or misinterpreted something in my analysis. Before I invest $$ in a mailer to this county, does anyone have any feedback or experience either doing a mailer to Fresno, or conversely, experience analyzing the county and ruling it out?

Much appreciated!
    Brian

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Milan
    Participant

Brian, check one of the 2 last long videos on Ruralvacantland on youtube. Luke publically said he’s mailing a Fresno area there. Quite recently.
    I think he did surrounding areas of Fresno, but close to the town – larger acreage. Not infill lots. He doesn’t keep secrets on his videos. You might get some info out of it.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Brian – I have three observations

1. I have done research on Fresno and it is on my list to mail
    2. The $ per acre keeps a lot of people out. To make a meaningful offer you are need to be prepared to spend some money. A lot of investors are looking for lower cost stuff.
    3. When a county looks like a good target and there are no other investors I take that as a good indicator. Your property will stand out when offered at 60% of comps.

Kevin

Brian Carmody
    Participant
    Pro

Thank you Kevin!

Brian Carmody
    Participant
    Pro

Thank you Milan!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.