LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** 2 Acre parcel Zoned RU-4 (4 acre parcel). what now?

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I have been collecting my info for my first property sale and ran into what I think might be a problem. My property is a 2 acre property but it is zoned as a 4 acre property(RU-4). should I be worried about this?
    I added a link to the zoning regulations in my sale description.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • David Dodson
    Participant

@hutch

Ryan, where is this parcel at? I have never seen the individual parcel size included in the zoning abbreviation before. I think the RU-4 is a designation for something else, other than parcel size.

Ryan
    Participant

It is in Chochise county AZ.

I may just be miss understanding it then.

Here is the link to the Information

Gary Eubanks
    Participant
    Pro

RU-4 is a zoning for your parcel, it is not referring to the size of your parcel.

Mike Marshall
    Participant
    Advanced

I realize this is a really old post but I think I can provide some insight. It’s important to know that RU-4 zoning in one jurisdiction will most often be different from RU-4 zoning in another jurisdiction in terms of allowable uses, minimum lot size, setbacks, etc. Typically, the number at the end of the zoning designation does refer to minimum lot size. In the example of a RU-4 zone, it could be 4 acre minimum lot size or even 4,000 sf minimum lot size in a more urban setting. In the event that a lot is smaller than the minimum lot size for that zone, you will want to work with the planning department to determine of the lot is “legal non-conforming”. If the lot was legally created prior to the adoption of the current zoning designation the lot will likely be ok. Hopefully that helps.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.