LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** 1st Mailer Update

• Creator
    Topic

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Hey gang, my 1st mailer hit Monday 10/9. Here’s the lowdown so far:

Mailed 1,550 letters over 3 different counties in 3 different states in the midwest, mid-south, south (approx 500+ in each county)

County #1: Bombed. I way underpriced, offering $1k/acre when in hindsight it should have been $3-4k/acre minimum, if not more. Lot of hate calls from this one, and so far nobody is interested in selling.

County #2: A few tire kickers, but not much. Not even much hate. Strangely quiet. Once again, I underpriced by at least 50%.

County #3: Has been successful so far. Have bought several properties, and have 4-6 more in the pipeline to buy. There has been a lot of interest from sellers, and I have buyers calling the last few days on my recently purchased properties. They will sell hopefully by the end of the weekend. I am buying these properties for approx $1k/acre and reselling for between $3-4k/acre. The first sale will recoup all start up costs from the Land Academy course, mailer, etc.

I knew to expect it, but the first week or two of hate calls was jarring… Now I couldn’t care less. It’s laughable once you get over it.

1st purchase was a lady who inherited land from parents & wanted rid of it…just like everyone else here has experienced. Purchase went as smooth as possible. She was so happy I contacted her since she had no idea what to do with it. Lots of buyer calls already on it, it will sell in next few days hopefully.

The LA vets already know, but for fellow newbies, diversify your mailers. The system definitely works. County #3 was kind of an afterthought and I almost didn’t include it. Thankfully I did. I’m definitely spending more time on pricing next mailer.

It was a little intimidating at first talking to interested sellers, but after the first few days, you know how it works. Pick up the phone & talk to people, or nothing will get done. Aside from the haighters, I’ve talked to a lot of really great people. Everyone gets their slice of the pie & wins.

I’m learning a ton every single day. Still have miles to go. This board has helped tremendously, so thank you everyone for your contributions. If I can do anything to help, please let me know.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Matt – good feedback for all of us. Just wait. That county that bombed will produce one of the best deals you will get. It may only be one, but it will be a good one. Same for the quiet bunch. Just wait, they will produce. I am happy to hear that you hit one county that really did well. Now you can go right back to that one with a different range of acreage and do it again.

Kevin

Matt Rogers
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Thanks Kevin. I really appreciate how much you contribute to this board. I’ve learned a lot from reading your advice and knowledge you’ve given to others on here. Very cool of you. I’m rolling with the punches as best I can now & trying to soak up as much as I can, as fast as I can. I’m hooked!

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

@mattrogers Congratulations! I am working on getting my first mailer out and hope to do half this well the first time out of the gate!

S. Jack Butala
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Thanks for the great question / comment. We will be answering it on the Jack Jill Show # 598 Neighborhood Specific Pricing (JJ 598) scheduled to air on Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanks Matt.

@mattrogers

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.